Sunday, September 13, 2015

Attitude change

My attitude is changing; I live in a world of idiots; It is up to me to keep from letting the idiot "dirt" from rubbing off on to me. At least half the population I will term idiots, for the lack of a better word.

Much of my life, I was one of those idiots. Oh, well. The brain is the only organ that is not complete and functioning at birth. It is like a new computer, no programs, no data, just empty. As we go along, we learn. It is apparent to me that we do a good job of teaching in schools, but the subject matter is a bit short. There should be a core subject on philosophy/psychology/life planning/life skills for those who are being brain washed at home, to give these people a chance.

It is apparent to that some people grow up with a very warped view of humanity, of life and how the world really works. There are the corrupt, the violent, the aggressive, and the thieves, fraudsters, the control freaks, and the like. As Marcus Aurelieus said (2.1) When you wake up in the morning tell yourself: The people I deal with today will be meddling, ungrateful, arrogant, dishonest, jealous, and surly, They are like this because they cannot tell good from evil..... In summary, I will just call them idiot.

Marcus goes on to define what the purpose of life is for him; cooperation of humans... to create a flourishing population may be suggested. The ultimate purpose is not to sell the world your belief system. All I need do is keep myself on the 'straight and narrow path to happy destiny' and ignore the idiots that populate the earth. That group must make up at least half of the population.    

No comments:

Post a Comment